“Navigation 2023” is a continuation of the Jam Factory integration program, which introduces artists to Lviv’s cultural and artistic field and promotes their professional development. The program will include the following:
- meetings with local artists, gallerists, and curators;
- lectures on the art history of Lviv;
- walks through Lviv with researchers of the city and the history of architecture and art;
- acquaintance with the cultural institutions of the city;
All program participants will have access to the following types of support:
- An area for the presentation of own artistic projects and their promotion (film screenings, artist talks, performances, pop-up exhibitions);
In addition, participants can request the following types of support:
- Financing the production of individual art projects;
- Investing in the production of art projects in cooperation with local artists or other program participants;
- Provision of workshops for project implementation.
We expect program participants to
- attend all program events: lectures, excursions, and events of other participants;
- participate in organizational meetings of the program and join discussions with others;
- communication with the Jam Factory team regarding ongoing work on projects within the program;
- providing information about one’s artistic practice to distribute on the Jam Factory website and social networks.
The program’s intensity from March 10 to April 21 is around three times a week, mainly in the evening. From April 22 to May 21 – once or twice a week.
Our program aims to support artists who were forced to move to Lviv due to the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine. Preference will be given to artists from the regions most affected during the war: in particular, Donetsk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Odesa, Zaporizhzhya, Kyiv, and other areas. We want to create conditions in which artists will feel more confident in the new environment of the city, will receive a network of professional contacts, will be better oriented in the professional cultural and artistic field of Lviv, will be able to present their projects to the already existing Jam Factory audience and the professional community of Lviv, continue or renew their artistic activity, start new projects in cooperation with local artists.
Program period: March 10 – May 21.
You can apply here until February 25, 2023, inclusive: